According to the Grand Rapids Business Journal, Shana Welch, regional director of talent acquisition for Mercy Health, was named as one of six “outstanding” female leaders who will be honored on Tuesday, June 16, at the invitation-only Women Connect 2015.
All women are new to West Michigan or have recently returned to the region. GRAM said the event welcomes the “very special” women into the community during a special networking and recognition event.
Women Connect is a partnership between GRAM, Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women, or GROW, and Varnum.
The partnership has turned into an “intentional event” to support professional retention and “opportunities for inclusion and access to the leadership table.”
Women Connect 2015 honorees
- Shana Welch: regional director of talent acquisition, Mercy Health
- Alicia Cieslak: general counsel, Gordon Food Service
- Cassandra Hayes: executive communications and corporate affairs manager, Amway
- Michelle Jones: director of technology and information management, Varnum
- Stephanie Naito: VP of talent management, Meijer
- Judy Torres: graduate mechanical engineer, Progressive AE