Thanks to all who stopped by the Sparta Health Center’s open house and re-dedication on Friday, October 17. Sr. Rosita Schiller and Fr. Ayub Nasar gave the blessing at 3 p.m. amid a crowd of contractors, health care providers and their families and hospital leadership and staff.
Sparta Health Center proudly showed off its renovation highlights which include:
· New triple-pane windows with built-in blinds throughout the entire facility
· New doors throughout the building
· Foam-insulation sprayed throughout the entire building, including the ceiling.
· Exterior painting of the building to a light beige color
· ADA accessible bathroom installed
· Walls installed for private office space
· New carpet and wall colors
· New Education Center for patients, where “Reach Out and Read” program books are stored
· New kitchenette with a break room added to afford staff privacy during breaks and lunches
· Added a second procedure room.
“We are so happy to provide a healthy, clean environment for our staff and patients,” said Barbara Warren, practice leader, Sparta Health Center. “Our providers did an excellent job of working around the construction during our peak volume times at the health center.”
Sparta Health Center, a community benefit ministry of Mercy Health, serves more than 4,000 patients annually from Sparta and the surrounding rural communities. With more than 50% of its patients being Hispanic, more than half of the Sparta staff is bilingual. Sparta Health Center provides patients with family medicine with obstetrics, along with a support staff of nurses, radiology and laboratory technicians, billing and collection specialists and scheduling coordinators.