Thanks to Everyone Who Attended to Make it a Successful Event!
Hundreds of local community members flocked on Saturday, Nov. 1, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. to Mercy Health Rockford Campus, which opened to patients on Oct. 20.
- Grand Rapids Ophthalmology giveaways and contests
- Giveaways of the Mercy Health Cookie, bags, head warmers and hot/cold packs!
- Meet and Greet with Brooke from Star 105.7
- Participants could take on the morning co-hosts of the radio station, B-93
- Rockford Ambulance was in attendance
- Body Scan Analysis
- Plainfield Fire Department gave tours of the fire truck
- “Healthy Selfies” booth, where participants could identify goals on white boards and have their photos taken
- “Be a Doc for a Day,” by meeting with the pediatricians from the Mercy Health Rockford Campus and playing with some doctor kits to get a feel for what being a doctor would be like!
- Worldwide Wolverine Family YMCA attended with a Thankful Turkey display, where people could write what they would be thankful for this year.
Mercy Health registrars scheduled more than ten women for mammograms and dozens more inquired about other services, such as primary care, pediatric care, the drive-thru pharmacy (scheduled to open later this month) Urgent Care, lab and radiology.
“This open house is a great opportunity for us to show our appreciation for the warm reception we received since coming to the Rockford area,” said Kara Morley-Smolek, MD, a pediatrician who sees patients at the Mercy Health Rockford Campus. “We are very excited by the turnout and the level of excitement the community has demonstrated – we see patients come from all over the northeast area and beyond for our care.”
FOX 17 came out to check out the excitement (pictured left, interviewing Dr. Kara Morley-Smolek. Watch the online story here, “Mercy Health Rockford Campus has it all.”