If you’re uninsured, the Marketplace can help you find a plan that’s right for you. Enrollment begins October 1, 2013.
Top Three Reasons To Get Signed Up
1. If you or a family member gets sick, you won’t have to worry about big medical bills or going into bankruptcy.
2. The insurance plan you choose will cover all of the care you need – doctor visits, hospitalizations, maternity care, emergency room care and prescriptions.
Find a plan that fits your budget. You may be eligible for a free or low cost plan, or a new kind of tax credit that lowers your monthly premiums right away. New rules and expanded programs mean that even working families can get help paying for health insurance at the Marketplace.
3. Gives you control over your options with clear comparisons.
All health insurance plans in the Marketplace present their price and benefit information in simple terms. Get a clear picture of what you’re paying and what you’re getting, before you make a choice.
1. There will be new, affordable insurance options available for people without insurance.
2. Financial help is available so you can find a plan that fits your budget.
3. If you have a pre-existing condition, insurance plans cannot deny you coverage.
4. All insurance plans will have to show the costs and what is covered in simple language with no fine print.
5. You will be able to compare plans all on one website.
6. Help will be available online, by phone, and in person to find the plan that works best for you.
Coverage via the Marketplace starts in January 2014.
Learn more at healthcarereformbasics.com, the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan website about Health Care Reform.